I had a lot of fun making this plan. My dear sister-in-law and I have been talking back and forth about the difficulties of feeding toddler boys. Poor girl, she has two of them to deal with as well as a full time job. So I have taken up the challenge of trying to find some toddler friendly meals that can also be made as freezer meals or made in the crock pot. Being a stay-at-home mom I have the time to try out these recipes to help her not go crazy trying to cook dinner and deal with two toddler boys and a husband!
Luckily last week, I had an easy meal planned out that fit her needs. (I don’t know if she’s tried it yet, but my minor accident of overcooking the potatoes may be just the thing she needs to get her boys to eat it.) I knew of a couple more recipes I had in my arsenal that I thought would make great freezer meals. The only problem is that I haven’t tried either as a freezer meal before. So perfect timing to whip them up and give it a whirl.
I have made notes and adjustments to the two recipes to reflect what I’ve discovered from using them as freezer meals. I think it has been highly successful and I hope it gets my sister-in-law off to a good start with her picky boys and busy schedule.
I didn’t make all the meals on my plan this week. We felt a little lazy and I had a hard time saying no when Mr. H wanted to go get some delicious take out food. (I’m a sucker for some tasty takeout, what can I say!) But the best laid plans, and I can’t stop trying.
Meal Plan Friday:
- Sunday: Stuffed Cabbage (stuffed cabbage is also great to freeze leftovers for a rainy day. Just thaw and heat on stove or in microwave)
- Meatless Monday: Leftover Black Bean Soup (still haven’t eaten this, had too much leftover cabbage)
- Taco Tuesday: Potato Chorizo Tacos (not made this week)
- Comfort Wednesday: Chicken and Vegetable Rice Bake (prepared as freezer meal, see new notes!)
- Thursday: Chicken Nuggets + veggie side (also not made this week)
- Freeloader Friday: Johnny Machete (prepared as a freezer meal, see new notes!)