Is it really July? Where did this year go? I feel like just yesterday it was February, maybe March. Every time I blink, time fast forwards on me and I can’t remember how I got here. March is that you…. oh, no, it’s July. That means it is time to check in on my Goal Progress for the year and discuss the new goals mentioned in my last post.
You can see my original goals here and quarter year progress here. These goals are what most people make as resolutions but I feel resolutions set you up to fail. This is why I choose goals. The whole process gains a positive outlook and puts the fear of failure out my mind.
With that in mind, let’s check-in on the original goals I set out for myself at the beginning of the year.
Goal #1: Today Is Me Growth
Progress: The site is steadily growing. I truly appreciate everyone who visits the site, and especially those who revisit. You make me heart smile. Plus, in my last post, I mentioned my new found purpose behind the blog that I think will continue to improve this.
Goal #2: Eat Healthier
Progress: This has been a bit of a roller coaster for me. I do well for short bursts and then get lazy. I have big plans to get this under control after our trip to my mom’s house.
Goal #3: Exercise
Progress: Another bit of a roller coaster and more big plans to get this under control once we get back in town.
Goal #4: Read More
Progress: This is still going well. I’ve managed to get at least one book a month. I’m still reading random Wikipedia pages every day which have been incredibly fascinating.
Goal #5: Write More
Progress: Outside of my blog, I haven’t done it. I do have some new goals in relation to this that should get this back on track as well.
Goal #6: Learn Something New
Progress: I did successfully learn basic knitting. I’m no expert but it I can cast on, knit, purl, and cast-off. And I have learned a lot more about blogging to help improve this site. So I consider this a major success.
I have come up with some specific, new goals for myself for the next six months. And I am excited to share them with you now. New goals are always a great source of excitement for me. They help motivate me to get my butt in gear after getting lazy because I am prone to that.
- Exercise daily. I am going to sit down and write out a specific exercise plan that is easy to follow and I don’t have to rely on my brain to decide to talk myself out of it every day. All I have to do is look at my calendar and do the exercise already on schedule.
- Lose weight. It is my goal to lose 30 pounds by the end of the year. Sounds like a lot? Maybe it is but you can’t achieve big success without big goals.
- Save money. I have a big dream to finally own our own home and to do that we have to get serious and save more money.
- New posts for Today Is Me. I am looking to start posting about our new budgeting agendas as well as tips for saving money and earning a little money on the side.
- Self Publish. Last November I wrote a complete novel for NaNoWriMo. Now, I have no plans to publish what I wrote then, but I want to do some new writing to self publish. This is perhaps my biggest goal for the year and I can’t wait to make it happen.
And there you have it. My goal updates and the new goals I have for myself. Do you reevaluate how your year is going and set new goals? Share them with me so I can cheer you on too!