After taking last week off, I am back in the posting game. I learned the true meaning of what it means to send your child to a place with a hundred other disease carrying mini people. I caught the dreaded crud the weekend after C’s first day of preschool. He was nice enough to get sick first and pass it on to me. So I decided it was a good time to take a break and just rest last week.
But we are all feeling better (minus a couple of lingering sniffles) and that means back to the posting. I decided to start this week off by tackling the list from the 52 Lists linkup last week. At first I wasn’t sure I was going to do this one, but then I decided that was just the illness talking. So here it is, my list of favorite places to shop.
Side note: I only enjoy certain types of shopping and limited amounts of time out shopping. I’m not a crowd person and it severely inhibits my shopping experiences.
FAVORITE PLACES TO SHOP
- Aldi/Harris Teeter/Fresh Market: Grocery shopping is the ONLY shopping I actually enjoy doing. Food is exciting and the possibilities are endless. I listed these three stores because they are my current favorites to shop where I live. As a side note, I also really enjoyed shopping at Giant when we lived in the DC area and the Asian supermarkets. (I really miss that variety!)
- Used Book Stores: I discovered my love of used book stores when we lived in the DC area after visiting McKay’s in Manassas. They had great variety and good prices for the area. We constantly traded in extra books for store credit and saved a lot of money! Mr. H found a great used book store in our current town with even better prices ($1 paperback, $2 hard cover.) Love it. They also have a good trade in bargain.
- Salvation Army/Goodwill/Thrift Stores: We have a decent amount of these stores around and I love a good bargain. Although I don’t usually find bargains as good as the blogs I read (or the subreddit), I have found some decent things. Books have been my biggest purchase and we’ve found a nice book case to hold some of this treasure we’ve brought home.
- Kohls: Even though I worked there for about a year, I still enjoy shopping there. Their clearance section matched with a 30% coupon is hard to beat, especially for kids clothing.
- Amazon: Because I hate the crowds and online shopping has none of it. Plus, we have Prime so fast shipping is a win!