I cannot believe 2016 is almost over. As this year comes to a close, it’s time to take a look back and wrap up all the loose ends from the year. Did I reach goals? Did I even try? Where did I make a mistake? What else happened this year… favorite parts, least favorite? Let’s break it down!
- Website Growth: Achieved. My page views have gone up a significant amount this year and I could not be happier. (Thank you for visiting and returning to those that do!)
- Healthy Eating: Roller coaster. I keep going back and forth and getting lazy about food sometimes. Always a work in progress.
- Fitness: Total failure. Already put steps in place to make this better next year.
- Write More: A pretty good success. Some of my writing side projects have already come to fruition and are continuing to grow. More to come!
- Learn Something New: I picked up some knitting basics and also am in process of getting more comfortable using Ancestry.com for my family tree.
- Read More: I read several books the first half of the year and enjoyed them all. I hit a burnout and haven’t read any since. However, I did average out to more than one book a month so I consider this a success as well.
- Improve C’s Speech/Communication: A huge success. He’s gone from only being able to say a couple of words to making sentences and telling me some basic needs. (Proud mama!)
Least Favorite Parts of 2016:
- Sickness: I feel like we’ve been plagued with sickness ever since starting preschool. The preschool plague is real. It’s been an adventure getting through the constant runny nose and misery.
- Long Drives: I love going home to visit my mom but the drive is pretty miserable. I’m looking forward to being able to start flying home in the near future for better travel.
Favorite Parts of 2016:
- Goal Success: I’m pretty darn proud of my goals and my accomplishments for the year.
- C: He’s had a great year with so many great improvements. Every day is astounding just seeing him learn and acquire new skills.
- Vacations: C and I were able to make 3 big trips this year, two to visit my mom and one to see Thomas.
Wrap Up: This year was a great year for us. I’m hoping to continue this trend in 2017. Look for my post in the new year for next year’s goals! How did 2016 go for you? Share with me in the comments!